Birmingham museums and galleries
Even though you could think Birmingham is a city of business and industry you might be surprised by its cultural face. There are several museums and galleries from which the most important one is Birmingham Museum and Art Galllery. Another galleries include Barber Institute of Fine Arts and Ikon Galllery. Main science museum of Birmingham is called Thinktank.
Birmingham museums and galleries map
This map of museums and galleries in Birmingham is based on Google maps technology. You can switch the type of map in the right upper corner by clicking on buttons Map, Satellite, Hybrid and Terrain. Control panel on the left with plus and minus buttons can be used for zooming the map.
List of Birmingham museums
Following list presents all the major museums and galleries in Birmingham that are marked on the map above as well:
- Birmingham Museum and Art Galllery - Probably the best art gallery in West Midlands.
- Museum of the Jewellery Quarter - Museum focused on Birmingham's jewellery heritage.
- Thinktank - Science museum with four floors of various interactive displays.
- Barber Institute of Fine Arts - Art gallery situated in the University of Birmingham campus.
- Ikon Gallery - Gallery of contemporary art built in former Victorian board school.
Other cities: Manchester, Leeds, Tampa, Orlando, Miami